Sunday, July 25, 2010

Maryann's BBQ Sauce

I'm a firm believer than you can only get good BBQ flavor by making your own sauce at home.  I've been making my own sauce since high school.  In fact, most of my life has been a silent quest to find a sauce that I could commit to.  To find a sauce that would make me forget that other sauces even existed. 
While visiting Steve's aunt Maryann I was fortunate enough to have her ribs.  These ribs immediately called to me like no other had before (well, besides the ribs at Rock Bottom Cafe anyhow).  The subtle pink flesh of the pork was glazed with this BBQ goodness that made my taste buds sing.  Once I had partaken in the sweet spicy nectar on her ribs I knew I was ready to commit.  I fell in love with this sauce...and I know you will too.

What You Need:

1/2 Cup Cider Vinegar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (more if like it sweeter)
1/2 Cup Ketchup
1/4 Cup Chili Sauce
1/4 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp Chopped Onion
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 Tsp Dry Mustard
1 Clove Garlic, crushed
Dash of Cayenne Pepper

Blend all of these items into a sauce pan and cook on medium low for at least 30 minutes.  The flavors become more complex the longer you wait.  This recipe will accommodate a rack of baby back ribs easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment