Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Easy Butter Sauce for Pasta

I'm one of those rare people who hates tomato sauce. I like Ketchup...pizza...things of that nature...but come near me with a tomato sauce for pasta and I'll close my mouth faster than a 2 year old being spoon fed spinach.

So one day I was watching the Food Channel and came across this nifty little quick pasta sauce for the feeble cooks out there who don't have much skill (AKA me)

What You Need:


  • 1/2 cup of butter (I always of salted, even though they tell you not to - salt fiend am I)
  • 1/3 cup chicken broth (you can use vegetable if you want to keep the animal out of it)
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • cornstarch
In a small saucepan melt you stick of butter. When it's completely melted and sizzling just a tiny bit you add the chicken broth. Let that simmer for a minute on low. Add in your garlic and onion powder (you are welcome to use fresh items, but no one eats that stuff in my house). Add a tiny bit* of cornstarch to the mixture and mix with a fork until the thickness you like is achieved.

This should make enough sauce for two people. It's incredibly easy to make and you can add to or take away from it what you like!


*When I say "tiny bit" the amount is really subjective. What I usually do it dip my finger in my cornstarch jar and just sprinkle a drop or two in and do more as needed. It's easy to thicken up if you put too little...harder if you put too much in at first and have to loosen it back up. Just be frugal with how much you put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment